Saturday, December 29, 2012

Welcome to the New Frenzeelo!


Frenzeelo is back! Welcome everyone to the new Frenzeelo! After more than two months of inactivity and redesigning my blog, Frenzeelo is finally back with a brand new look. Plus, it's so much easier to use and the colours are no longer making your eyes hurt anymore. (Unless your eyes are sensitive to the light blue colour). Since it's the restart of Frenzeelo, let me walk you through all the changes in the new Frenzeelo.


Brand New Theme Colours

Previously, Frenzeelo's theme colours were light green with dark pink stripes and man it was really ugly. I didn't know that much about proper web design back then so please excuse my horrible design skills. This time however, I changed the theme colours to simple ones which are light blue and lime green. Although I kept the lime green colour, that particular colour isn't a dominating one so you don't have to worry about the current theme colours hurting your eyes. I also chose light blue and lime green because they are my favourite colours and the light blue has some soothing effect to the eyes.

Easier Navigation

Now, it's so much easier to navigate around Frenzeelo thanks to the new buttons at the top and at the side. If you look up at the top of the page, there are buttons titled as Home, About Frenzeelo, Contact, Frenzeelo Places, Frenzeelo Food and so on. If you want to know more about me and my blog, just click the About Frenzeelo button. If you want to let me know about something or just want to say hi to me, you can check out my email address by clicking the Contact button. If you want to check out the articles and videos on places, food and events, the buttons can be found at the top and also at the side. The buttons at the side are also colour coded to make it easier for you to see.

Awesome Coloured Buttons

Like what I have mentioned earlier, there are coloured buttons at the side that show the different articles separated in different categories such as Places, Food and Events just like at the side. Other than that, you can also check out buttons that will let you view the RSS Feeds and my YouTube channel. Speaking of my YouTube channel, that too has already been redesigned. New episodes of Frenzeelo TV will also start soon in the January and February time frame.

 
The Old Frenzeelo (2nd Version) 

Remember this? This is the old Frenzeelo also known as Frenzeelo 2.0 with the lime green and dark pink theme colours. Some of you have said to me that the lime green background actually made your eyes hurt so I changed the background theme colours to something better in the New Frenzeelo. And although some of you had complained about the old theme colours, I am still glad that some of you still stayed on to read my posts which I am really thankful for. Hopefully, the ones who complained about my previous blog design can appreciate the new design in the new Frenzeelo.


The Old Frenzeelo (1st Version)

When I first started Frenzeelo on the 8th of January this year, I used this template and did not make so much changes to the template as I want to keep it simple. After blogging lots of posts I decided to just change some of the page elements and also some of the graphics on the blog itself in April which then became the Frenzeelo version 2. I decided to use this free software called GIMP which allowed me to make great graphics from scratch although I was a beginner back then. I cannot be considered a professional now but at least I am getting better at it.

Conclusion 

After almost a year of operating Frenzeelo, I am happy that my blog has so many views thanks to all of you regular and new readers out there (Including you too!). I also hope that you enjoy the new Frenzeelo redesign that I have worked on although, there are still some things that I have not finished such as photo watermarking and the addition of new (and bigger) sharing buttons. Since the year is going to come to an end, I wish you a very Happy New Year and 2013 will be a bigger year for both me and Frenzeelo. Stay tuned for more new blog posts and don't forget to enjoy the best of Singapore.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...